The BBI Group aim to create a world where everyone has the opportunity for a better quality of life. We have served the global diagnostics industry for over 50 years and due to our continued growth, we are seeking a Web Developer to join our team. This is a permanent, full time position based out of our facility in Edinburgh.
This role is central to our Product and will be working alongside our mobile teams. Our tech stack is:
- Front-end (React or Typescript desirable)
Whilst the role is based out of our Edinburgh facility, the software team have embraced remote working and much of the role can be home based within practical travelling distance of central Edinburgh for pre-arranged team meetings.
- Web Development – To produce code that is well structured, efficient, stable and secure. Best industry practices will be used in a way that allows other developers to quickly understand and input into the code.
- Database Management - Set up and monitor database maintenance activities and to optimise query performance and maximise system availability for the web
- Web Hosting - Develop strong working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers.
- Strong Python web frameworks experience, Django
- Unit Testing, System Testing - To undertake and ensure that all Client requirements meet their original design and behave as was intended by the end client/user.
- Ability to document their code and development approaches.
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Ability to work with and mentor a small team of developers
To be successful in your application you will need to demonstrate a technical mindset, strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. We are seeking an individual with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
If you are an internal employee applying for this vacancy you and your manager are required to complete an internal transfer form. This needs to be completed in full and attached to your application along with your CV and cover letter.
Recognising that our people are our strength, we offer an attractive benefits package to our employees:
- The software development team have a well-defined career pathway supporting salary progression as technical experience and product/project responsibilities progress
- 5% Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4x Annual Salary)
- Private Health Care Scheme
- Global Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Reward and Recognition Programme
- Commitment to Career Development
- Generous Annual Leave Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- State of the Art Facilities – Certified Centres of Excellence
We’re also focused on development, creating an environment that allows our employees to nurture their talent and empowers you to make a difference. This is achieved by providing our employees with access to learning opportunities to help achieve personal career goals.
Please apply now for an immediate interview. Or get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org