My client, a global organisation in Glasgow is looking for an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) supporting production systems ensuring performance, integrity, disaster recovery, replication, quality and security. In addition providing DBA services to business functions, development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Managing all environments (Dev, Test, Production), with version and change control procedures and maintaining documentation of those environments.
Responsible for managing the transition of systems from development to production in addition to monitoring and optimising the production systems.
Instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation solutions around the Microsoft database stack with a mix of on premise and Azure services.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure database platforms are highly available across the group.
- Manage complex Microsoft SQL server merge replication environments.
- Provide direction on database design and ensuring databases are implemented and maintained well.
- Manage and maintain security standards and controls
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with other systems administrators, database administrators, software developers, and commercial business colleagues.
- Supporting the rapid development and deployment of internal software and systems, take ownership of group data model supporting development, testing and production environments to support DevOps and Bi teams
- Providing strategic insight and data driver development support for the organisations business services
- Configure, tune and manage all SQL databases.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of backup, proactive maintenance and disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain version and change control procedures in alignment with corporate standards.
- Provide out of hours support when required to maintain high availability.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive approach.
- Supporting others in the team as required.
- 7+ years’ experience as a DBA with at least 3+ years experience working in support of DevOps
- Strong skills in the Microsoft SQL server toolset, 2008-2016
- Experience of on-prem and cloud SQL instances
- Demonstrable experience in Microsoft replication, merge across multi sites preferable.
- Excellent planning and organisation techniques.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to investigate errors and performance issues.
- Good experience with SQL Server database performance tuning.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills.
- Advanced replication practices
- Microsoft BI stack experience
- Degree or Equivalent.
- Experience leading and facilitating meetings.
- Experience within a software development or business transformation environment.
- Understanding of document control activities.
- Cloud experience an advantage
This is a brilliant role with a global organisation offering a very competitive basic salary and unrivalled benefits package. Apply now for an immediate interview