Technology company PDMS is delighted to announce the award of a substantial Scottish Enterprise grant which will allow them to undertake an extensive upgrade to their Compass ferry ticketing and reservation platform. The new platform will be based on industry standard technology and will add significant new features including: multi-lingual interface, API interfaces to support timetable enquires, online booking and reservations and a much richer user interface.
Due to this, they are looking to add some new talent to their development team including a highly experienced solutions architect.
What are your responsibilities?
- Understanding customer needs and liaising with analysts, testers and other skilled developers to create robust, efficient and elegant software to meet those requirements.
- Managing your own time effectively, while keeping your colleagues informed.
- Assisting with system design and technical analysis for new tasks and projects.
What skills do we need from you?
- The ability to take the lead on projects and mentor more junior members of the team
- A strong background in software development
- Extensive experience of C# & SQL
- Extensive experience of MVC, jQuery, CSS, XSL and XML.
- Agile methodology
- Great interpersonal skills and a desire to work efficiently as part of a team.
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to tough challenges.
- The ability to diagnose and fix applications quickly and effectively.
- Working with source control such as Team Foundation Services.
- Knowledge of Agile environment.
- Hands-on familiarity with the software release cycle for builds and releases.
What other skills would be desirable?
- Knowledge of, or demonstrable experience with Unit Testing Android or iPhone development skills.
- Travel Industry experience.
What do we offer?
- We offer competitive salaries, flexible benefits and a collaborative working environment.
- Our team is split between the Isle of Man and Glasgow, and this role can be based at either location.
- Although the role is initially in the Transport and Ticketing Division, movement between this and our other development teams is a possibility.
Fantastic opportunity. Please apply now for an immediate interview.