My client offers a portfolio of products and services to the diagnostic, healthcare, research, defence and food industries globally.
Their mission is to deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life.
As a business, they are currently progressing through an exciting period of growth and as part of that currently have an opportunity to hire a Software Manager for their Edinburgh site.
They created and developed a power software tool that lets you read and share the results of diagnostics (including lateral flow tests) using nothing more than a smart phone.
As a Software Manager, you will be responsible for managing and developing the team responsibility for delivering BBI’s mobile apps and accompanying background to achieve systematic growth and achieve business objectives.
You will be able to communicate openly and effectively with a highly technical team both in in Edinburgh and across other BBI sites. You will be the driver of change while managing the relationship that underpins the business.
Key responsibilities will include but bot be limited to;
- Be a focal point for communications between the Software team and the wider group
- Be in regular contact with stakeholders across the business from finance, operations, commercial and technical perspectives.
- Encourage positive behaviour change and developing a culture of positive improvement.
- Have excellent problem-solving abilities and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) are a must
- Show a growth mindset in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
- Have a high sense of personal responsibility
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a highly complex, cross-functional environment and stay focused on critical goals and outcomes
- Actively attend to the relevant Management Business Review reporting on, and acting on the learning’s, risks and opportunities, discussed in these monthly meetings
- Support, develop and encourage your team to grow as individuals and together to develop the next generation of point of care test products.
- Conduct any other duties as requested by your manager or Matrix manager
As a Software Manager, you will have a qualification in Computer Science, Software Development or a related discipline with previous experience of leading software teams and have training in Agile or Lean methodology.
You will need a strong understanding of software development throughout the development lifecycle and have experience of using Jira / Confluence systems to manage software activities. You will also need an understanding of regulated or formally controlled development environments such as ISO13485
- The salary offered for this role is competitive and makes up part of BBI’s attractive benefits package, which includes:
- 5% contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care scheme
- Generous annual leave package totalling 32 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Participation in the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
Apply now for an immediate interview