Financial Cloud is leading automation software provider, working across several major industries including the finance, banking and legal sectors. We work to ensure that their clients' business is regulator ready and provide their customers the best experience through next generational banking technology.
This is a full time, onsite, opportunity based in Glasgow. There will be at least 10 staff, consisting of software engineers, quality analysts and lead engineers, all of whom will be reporting directly into you.
The software engineering infrastructure follows an Agile/Kanban process. Your role will cover several key areas: Managing resource, planning work; communication between engineering, product management and liaising with the senior management team.
- Managing, coaching & mentoring the engineering team.
- Assisting with probation reviews & the yearly performance appraisals for your team.
- Onboarding new members into your team.
- Conducting 1-on-1s regularly with engineers.
- Be involved in job interviews.
- Managing teams workload through roadmap planning & delegating resource assignments.
- Working with the Product Owner on planning & progress tracking.
- Monitoring team members work logging + optimisation development time.
- Tracking & reporting progress towards the Product Roadmap to Product Owner
- Taking ownership of managing teams performance when reporting.
- Offering training & improvement guidance for members through sourcing of education resource opportunities.
- Take part in management meeting activities & reporting.
- Participating in cross team planning & co-ordination activities with additional leaders.
Proven Experience Requirements
- 3+ years commercial experience leading or managing a software development team, including planning, estimating and scheduling work for a team of at least 3 people.
- Building complex systems using modern programming languages, agile practices and distributed or cloud-based architectures. Coaching agile practices.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with microservices architecture and Restful APIs.
- Demonstrable experience of devising, reviewing and improving policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills when explaining technical information to non-technical people.
- Identifying talent to expand the team.
- Dealing with high-concurrency environments and the primitives used to manage them.
- Collaborating / analysing / documenting & converging on software design in a larger group.
- Understanding and negotiating trade-offs in software requirements and design.
- Educated to Degree level
- Company laptop
- Company mobile
- Training budget
- 10% of time for project you feel are important
- 4 weeks annual leave + 2 for each year of additional service
- Flexible working
- Employer pension
- Death in service insurance
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate. A competitive salary is offered, plus other benefits as outlined above.