We are a small company punching well above our weight - we provide unique services to a range of regional and national law enforcement and security agencies.
We like to foster a culture of innovation and industry leadership. Our company has pushed the boundaries of mobile policing on more than one occasion. We have been instrumental in shaping policing best practice in the digital world and will continue to shape the trends in the industry.
As we transition our product to the cloud, we are looking for Software Engineers to participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, all levels of the tech stack and on a range of platforms. You will be working on scoping through to release, from Angular through to SQL, on Android through to the Cloud.
We work in a hybrid of lean and agile methodologies. We build a way of working that suits us.Our work with law enforcement requires that our employees have or can obtain security clearance – you should be prepared to undergo security vetting.
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years as a Software Developer – you’ve got to have some experience to do this role
- Leadership – whether its technology or people – show us the way.
- Ownership – after a while, you will be responsible for an area of our product, company, process etc. Be comfortable breaking down work and estimating for yourself and others to work on.
- Communication – It’s a small team, and there are lots of moving parts. Good communication is paramount.
- Security – Experience with security standards and methodologies such as ISO27001 would be a definite plus.
- Coaching – Everyone at here is an expert at something. You will be too. And you’ll need to help others with your specialism.
- Ready for anything – at a growing company with a flexible future, there will be challenges that we haven’t even thought of yet!
And if you’ve been through the on-prem to cloud journey before, that is a big plus (put that in your note).
And here’s the current tech stack – what have you got?
- Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot (and their build tools and test tools)
- Android, Cordova, Electron (and their build tools and test tools)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud (Azure or AWS)
Process-wise, we use:
- Git, GitFlow
- Azure Devops – Pipelines for CI
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Good location and modern office
- Competitive salary
- Mobile Phone
- Flexible career path
- Be part of the team developing real-world enterprise mobile applications
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies
- Most importantly, make a significant difference to the working lives of police officers around the UK
- Professional development budget
- Flexible working
- No blame culture
Then send your CV and a wee note telling us why you’d fit in. If you don’t have the experience yet but are still interested – send us your CV and note anyway and, if you fit the bill, we’ll get back to you when we are looking for Graduate Devs.