Senior Software Engineer
The Motorola Solutions Glasgow software development centre is leading development of mobile workflow solutions for the MSI Software Enterprise. As a key part of this process we are developing One Handheld, a new handheld solution running on Android and iOS that provides record management, search and Command & Control capability integrating through the Azure Cloud Platform.
The One Handheld Cloud services team requires a senior software engineer. This team are developing a number of microservices to run on the MSI Software Enterprise Azure Cloud Platform that will enable the One Handheld Android and iOS applications. These microservices are typically written in Java and run in Docker containers, making use of Azure platform services such as Cosmos DB and Azure Service Bus.
You will work as part of the One Handheld Cloud services team developing cloud based microservices for One Handheld. Working as a senior software engineer in an agile Scrum team you will be involved in:
- Working as a key member in team designing architecture for new One Handheld microservices.
- Working with other teams across Motorola Solutions to integrate One Handheld microservices with other Motorola Solutions software components, creating a richer, more powerful integrated solution.
- Working on the full software development life cycle for the new services - including design, development, testing and documentation.
- Continuing to support our existing customers, adapting the product to meet their evolving needs.
The successful candidate will have following skills & experience:
- A formal qualification (Degree) in Computing Science or equivalent experience with a high level of academic achievement.
- Significant demonstrated experience with industry best-practices, including Agile methodologies, test driven development and code reviews.
- Significant experience architecting, designing and implementing large pieces of reliable, scalable complex software.
- Significant experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other developers.
- Significant Java development experience, producing server side applications.
- Significant experience as a senior developer
- Experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing microservices (using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience developing and deploying software solutions with Azure cloud
- Good communication skills
Please apply now for immediate interview