Welcome to Financial Cloud - a Fintech start-up that’s helping drive innovation and change in the fast-growing financial services space with its range of SaaS products.
Financial Cloud is an innovative financial services company based in Glasgow with clients operating throughout the UK. As a company, we believe that the success of our business depends on the people involved in creating our products. Our engineers are at the forefront of helping our business process millions of pounds and deliver high-quality products to our client’s growing customer base of over 500,000.
Our technology operates on a Kubernetes based infrastructure running on the AWS and GCP platforms. We build using a standardised technology stack that primarily includes Node JS and MongoDB powering the backend microservices and component-based Angular solutions driving our micro frontends.
Our developers are split into small micro teams within the business, play a key role in the future of our products and lead the business from the technology side. During this period of growth, we are looking to add a new Senior DevOps Engineer to our team to help us with the next step in our vision for the product.
What you will do
- Take ownership of the architecture, delivery and development of our infrastructure.
- Create and maintain both production and staging environments for our products.
- Identify key areas for improvements and provide solutions for enhancements to our infrastructure.
- Allocate, optimise and monitor application resources
- Create automated deployment procedures to spin up new platforms in an efficient manner.
- Create and standardise deployment pipelines to deliver our code to the desired platforms.
- Research, Experiment and Recommend appropriate automation tools and techniques
- Manage networking, routing and firewall rules.
- Scope, plan and delegate tasks amongst the team.
- Communicate effectively with managers and stakeholders.
- You will be hands-on with the planning and delivery of projects using industry best practices.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Collaborate with engineers to solve problems and architect the future of our products.
- Ensure our platforms are both secure and horizontally scalable.
- Work with the DataDog platform to collect metrics on our applications and suggest improvements / record issues against applications reporting anomalies.
- Help us improve. We’re always looking for ways to be better and want you to keep us moving forward.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone that can take ownership of the infrastructure that powers Financial Cloud’s platforms. You will be comfortable working with cloud platforms, creating deployment pipelines and creating a scalable base for our engineers to deploy applications to.
Git, Github, Docker, Linux, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Node Js, MongoDB, Restful API’s, Terraform, AWS, Google Cloud Platform.
- A minimum of 2 years of commercial experience in a DevOps related role.
- A solid understanding of Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experienced in creating deployment pipelines.
- Experienced in deploying software for production. You will also be comfortable with everything that this involves.
- Experience in using AWS or Google Cloud Platform services.
- Be able to architect and deliver scalable solutions with a thought for the future.
- Experience working with backend and frontend engineers to deliver API based solutions.
- Experience with implementing infrastructure as code practices using terraform.
- Networking, routing and firewall management experience.
- A keen eye for detail and optimisation within infrastructures.
- With an understanding of modern best practices, You will be keen to voice your thoughts and help lead the direction of our software.
- The ability to work independently on projects and provide accurate estimates of when work will be delivered.
- An open attitude to collaboration with other members on the team and mentoring less experienced developers.
- Motivated to implement best practice approaches within development and exposure to current industry best practices for applications.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Exposure to the following would also be beneficial:
- Experience mentoring others.
- Experience within a startup culture.
- Experience in integrating automated testing.
- Experience working within an agile environment.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases.
We are always on the lookout for passionate engineers who can make change happen, Know how to identify problems and are willing to pass on teachings to other members of staff along the way.
What we offer
We offer a culture that promotes growth and collaboration within its teams. We invest heavily within the technical side of our business and aim to make Financial Cloud a place that developers can excel in and continue to learn.
We also offer the following benefits as a business to employees:
- 28 days standard holiday inclusive of public holidays.
- An extra 2 days holiday for each year of service with no limit.
- Your choice of environment and a company laptop. Windows or Linux, it’s up to you!
- We think future financial health is important and offer a 3% contribution to your employee auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Conference and Training budget.
- Casual dress and great work culture.
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for remote working.
- Monthly town halls to align ourselves with the business goals and direction. (Lunch is on us too!).
- An active social committee with a work hard play hard culture. We also have regular sporting challenges within the team including our Financial Cloud running challenge.
- 1 to 1’s with a direct manager to focus on your personal and professional development goals.
- An opportunity to play a key role in the future of development at Financial Cloud and lead on new technology adoptions.
Apply now for an immediate interview