As the Senior Cloud Consultant, you will directly support the head of/director/CTO with the day-to-day operations and running of the technical teams responsible for the day-to-day operational delivery and on-going development of cloud platforms, internal systems and delivering projects for our customers. by:
- Helping set technical/security standards
- Helping set operational priorities
- Reviewing technical designs and changes
- Mentoring technical team resources (providing advice and guidance)
- Providing technical support to customer meetings
- Exceptional Troubleshooting and problem skills
- Providing daily operational guidance
- Ensuring all compliance and governance is being enacted
- Be a point of technical escalation for the technical teams
- Stand-in for head of/director/CTO when required
This is a very challenging role which will give the successful candidate exposure to all levels of our business and will include the opportunity to work on a wide range of technologies and projects.
You will have previous experience in supporting and managing datacentre solutions (networks, servers, storage, and applications). Service provider experience would be advantageous but not essential for the right candidate.
This role ideally suited to a candidate with excellent technical skills and experience who is looking to take the next step in their career development. A willingness to learn and push boundaries is critical!
You will be required to participate in an out of hours support rota.
- Some Previous mentoring or supervisory experience of technical teams
- Ability to review and critique technical designs and changes
- Understanding of technical architecture and governance
- You will have strong knowledge of all data centre technology domains (e.g., networks, servers, storage, and applications).
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Security best practises
- Have a working knowledge of Public Cloud providers (e.g.) GCP, AWS, Azure
- Providing clear direction to junior members of staff
- Working with customers, (e.g.) support, incident, and cases, Delivering customer projects
- Working to tight timescales
- Working as part of a wider technical team
- Dealing with conflicting priorities
- Identifying issues or blockers to task/project delivery
- Providing updates to customers on technical incidents/cases
- Ability to work both independently under own initiative
- Ability to successfully manage your own time and that of others whilst addressing conflicting priorities
- Retains currency of knowledge across relevant technology domains
- Ability to deliver to agreed timescales
Please apply now for an immediate interview