Location – Glasgow (will require some travel)
Financial Cloud is the #1 enterprise financial service platform.
We launched Financial Cloud with a vision to reinvent how financial organisations use technology to drive their businesses. We revolutionise the customer relationship for financial organisations, helping them become customer-centric companies. Innovative solutions give a 360-degree view of your customer, improving customer service, generating more contact and increased returns.
Financial Cloud aren't the typical software company, we’re always looking for people who can bring new perspectives and life experiences to our teams. If you’re looking for a place that values your curiosity, passion, and desire to learn, if you’re seeking colleagues who are big thinkers eager to take on fresh challenges as a team, then you’ll fit in here.
The primary responsibility for the Project Manager is to manage Application Development projects so that they meet expectations, are delivered on time, and delivered on budget. Communication of project statuses, issues, and scope are critical to the effectiveness of this position.
Expected duties for this position are:
- Assist in defining project scope and expectations
- Develop project plans
- Report on project statuses
- Ensure required resources are available and allocated appropriately
- Direct problem/blocker resolutions
- Manage project changes to ensure project delivery still meets expectations
- Ensure team members deliver quality work, use best practices, and follow company standards
- Set and drive team guidelines, methodologies, and processes to ensure efficient work
- This position will have no direct internal direct reports. Support (dev-ops, tech support, etc.) will be provided by an internal support team that reports to other managers. However, these support team members will be an integral part of the project team.
Who we are looking for:
As a Software Development Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role leading a team of developers to innovate, design, and build the best solution for our customers. Our team follows Agile methodologies to support mission-critical applications. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Recommend and Implement process improvements where necessary
- Help define detailed technical requirements for high-level product descriptions and enable the team to do the same
- Manage execution of projects and release schedules through an Agile development process
- Foster collaboration across the development team to solve tough business problems
- Works closely with the team to help shape our product vision
- Direct and coordinate activities related to the design, development, and implementation of our software solutions
- Ensure a high quality of our software functionality and usability
- Advise senior and executive management
- Produce proposals, pitch presentations and detailed Statement of Works
What you will need to have:
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
- Exhibit high-energy enthusiasm on a daily basis
- High degree of customer empathy
- Experience planning and delivering major a;nd minor releases
- Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance
- Enterprise application development experience using Agile methodologies
- 3+ years of experience with hands-on software development
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Fast learner, ability to quickly gain a high-level understanding of the technical and business domains
- Ability to travel
- Experience of delivering complex software projects
- Effectively engaging and managing stakeholders
- Project managing a team of developers
- Proactively leading resources to ensure that they are working efficiently and achieving their project objectives
- Successful delivery of software projects
- Strong change management & planning skills
- Strong resource planning, estimating and budget management skills
- Ability to grow customer accounts and build long term client relationships
- Professional project/programme management - Prince2, PMP, Agile PM, etc.
- Ideally educated to degree level
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Project Manager with a diverse portfolio of projects behind them, looking for an exciting role in the software sector.
- Flexible Working Hours of 40 hours per week between core hours of 9:30 – 16:30
- Excellent career development opportunities
- 28 days Annual Leave (this figure includes Bank Holidays)