An award winning privately owned company based in Glasgow is expanding and looking for a talented PHP / SQL Developer to join the team. You will be a key team member driving the development of our proprietary system from a legacy system to the cutting edge of technology.
Our system, the core of our business, has been expanding successfully for over 15 years and there is much creative and innovative programming planned in the years ahead.
We are highly invested in developing our own proprietary software and our people to differentiate ourselves as the market leading solution for our customers. Working on both new projects and managing some legacy code in an expanding UK based team, you will be challenged with understanding the complex business processes, making improvements and communicating changes with others in the development team and thus help in building solutions to deliver the required business objectives
We are after a focused software developer who is interested in expanding their knowledge in Oracle PL/SQL, PHP and other technologies whilst evolving our development operations environment standards.
Systems we use are:
- Linux & Apache
- PHP using CodeIgniter, Bootstrap and JQuery
- LML (proprietary scripting language - being obsoleted)
- Oracle - using PL/SQL
- Unix scripting
- PhpStorm & Xdebug
Training and support will be facilitated by our experienced team providing you a great opportunity in a highly respected, industry leading company which wins awards year after year for the way it looks after and values its employees.
- Expert PHP web development skills
- Excellent in depth in SQL experience
- Experience as an object-oriented developer, with strong understanding of stored procedures.
- Familiar with SVN version control system
- A good understanding of responsive frameworks and JS libraries
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with Oracle SQL & PL/ SQL being highly desirable.
- Developed code on legacy systems or modernised legacy code.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, SQL & Oracle and or other, leading RDBMS.
- A passion for user focused development.
- Experience in delivering developments in some or all of the following CRM, Business Intelligence, API’s, Document Management, System Security & Administration, Document Management and Process Automation.
- An individual with creative mind and attention to detail, with the ability to stay on task, solve problems and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Unix and bash scripting skills
- Working knowledge of Jira, Code Igniter and Linux based development tools.
- Preferable have corporate development experience or software house experience.
We are looking for:
- Team player that can also work autonomously.
- An adaptable work ethic that can quickly move to changes in the business environment.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a varying range of computer users.
- A developer that is keen to learn new technologies and develop their skills further in the technologies we currently use.
What we offer:
- Great work environment in a bright modern office in Glasgow
- Competitive Salary and Pension Package
- 36 days’ holidays (including Bank Holidays)
- Choice of flexible benefits including car parking, healthcare, gym membership & more.