Reporting to the Payroll Product Owner, the Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and analysing market and technical requirements for implementing new software development projects, and completing and augmenting the current solutions and services within the product on the UK Payroll team. They will collaborate with Sales, Support, Developers, Technical Writing and Quality Assurance throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and well-engineered.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep analysis expertise and gain valuable business and industry related experience. This role will be located in Glasgow.
- Analyse market requirements and produce design documents that describe how new software features and/or enhancements should function within the Dayforce application suite of products with emphasis on areas requiring technical expertise
- Work closely with members of the Product Management and Development teams to translate market requirements into solutions and system designs that align with product development strategy
- Partner with the Hosting, Support and Compliance teams as well as with clients and the other development teams to understand their needs and use that input to help shape the product
- Assess risks and impacts on the existing system as new functions are added and identify potential technical problems or design flaws so that preventive action can be taken
- Ensure that issues and action items are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner
- Support user acceptance testing processes to ensure that product requirements are fully satisfied
- Create and deliver presentations to various internal/external users with varying levels of product knowledge
- Exhibit innovation in the development of new and improved methods or approaches to problems
- Lead special projects as needed
- Highly organized, disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently or in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Excellent consulting, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with external customers and partners to gather requirements
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- BS in Computer Science or relevant business domain or industry-related experience
- Strong technical background
- User Interface design experience
- SQL experience; T-SQL desired
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or equivalent
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Advanced experience interviewing business sponsors and other stakeholders to elicit and document scope and requirements
- Experience mentoring other analysts
- Advanced knowledge of product management methodologies, tools and techniques
- Human Capital Management domain experience is a significant plus (Benefits, Payroll, HR, Talent, Planning, Forecasting, Scheduling, Time & Attendance, Time Capture, Task Management)
- UK Payroll experience is a must for this role
What we Can Offer You:
- Collaborate with the brightest team in Human Capital Management
- Flat hierarchy: work, eat, and engage with company execs
- Employee driven career path; Top Talent, Career Talk, Career Pathing, Tuition Reimbursement, Mentorship, & Job Rotation are just some of the People programs we have to help you advance your career
- Fun@Work; Company and Department social events, Holiday parties, picnics, and community involvement (each Ceridian employee gets a paid volunteer day)
- Bring your whole self to work; casual dress code, a diverse workforce, and some of the greatest people around to make your work day better!
This is a fantastic opportunity. Please apply now for an immediate interview.
Unfortunately candidates without the specific Payroll domain experience cannot be considered.