The purpose of this role is to maintain and develop an in-house E-commerce solution in order to provide a stable, scalable platform with an outstanding user experience to facilitate rapid growth of online business. The successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of web technologies and online user experience.
The position of .NET Programmer / Web Developer will require strong technical and interpersonal skills to deliver key projects in support of Ecommerce growth, as well as the ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders both within the business and externally.
- Develop new and maintain existing ecommerce websites and their content to ensure that it sells our huge product range effectively.
- Develop a best in class online user experience
- Deliver innovation through leadership and management of key projects through design, development and implementation phases.
- Liaise with IT and third parties to ensure E-marketplace integrations are implemented smoothly
- Provide effective troubleshooting and support around Ecommerce for customers and internal sales teams
- Demonstrate and promote XMA’s Ecommerce offering to customers and internal sales teams
- Prepare and use web metrics to continuously monitor all websites to optimise their design from a customer experience perspective.
- Provide user acceptance testing of new developments
- Develop future internal/external web solutions using C# and ASP.net within set deadlines
- Meet company coding standards and processes
- Provide advice and guidance to other members of the team on projects.
- Resolve any problems encountered in a competent manner, whilst communicating professionally with the Customer and Team members.
- React quickly to identify problems and resolve within Service Level Agreements
Knowledge and skills required
- Experience in an Ecommerce environment
- Strong analytical skills
- An enthusiasm for web usability
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for providing the highest quality customer service
- A high standard of written English is essential
- High level of concentration to complete repetitive tasks and to meet set targets on a daily basis.
- You will be expected to ensure that the quality of all content, data and images is exemplary across a number of sites.
- ASP.NET and C#
- HTML 5 / CSS
- Minimum SQL Server 2008
- IIS Configuration
- MS Visual Studio
- ISO27001 Familiarity
- Can operate un-supervised when required / Can plan projects, tasks and resource
- Can prioritise tasks to achieve deadlines / Flexible and adaptable to changing requirements
- Possesses a willingness to learn new skills / Works well as part of a team / Excellent documentation skills
- Agile methodologies
- Experience of working with XML and EDI
- Familiarity with OOP
Education and experience
- Degree in Computing Science
- 3+ years of professional experience within an online/Ecommerce environment
Benefits are as follows:
- 25 days holiday and plus day off on birthday
- Pension scheme / Life assurance
- Free parking / Free eye test
- Employee of the quarter/year
- Mentoring/coaching / Training for personal development
- Cycle to work scheme / Staff Purchasing Site
- 24 hr employee assistance line