As Managing Director, or Chief Executive you will assist in creating plans and policies that help our company achieve its objectives. Your duties include developing business strategies, advising the board of Directors and implementing business plans to accomplish our organisational goals.
Role & Responsibilities
Our Managing Director is responsible for the overall performance of a company’s business. Your main duties include:
- Developing and implementing the company’s business strategies
- Creating, executing and monitoring the performance of comprehensive business plans
- Take a leading role in the promotion and development of our offering
- Establishing internal company policies, procedures, and legal protocols
- Overseeing employment, professional development and employee performance activities
- Establishing long-lasting relationships with shareholders, partners, suppliers and intermediaries.
- Creating a company culture and monitoring its adoption
- Representing the company at public events and attending conferences
- Providing overall leadership, guidance on management of business practices, performance management and professional development processes
- Providing leadership on high profile external partnerships and industry relationships, bringing gravitas and experience to those interactions.
- Bring project management experience to both internal and external projects, ensuring that the delivery is managed appropriately and is delivered by team members at the right level.
- Define the strategic direction of the business in terms of the development / retention of our client base.
- Recruiting and building the correct senior management team.
- Work with the team to identify potential new products, services, sectors and partnerships and working with the other members of the team to identify new potential jurisdictions and acquisitions all to support the continued growth of our team.
- Monitor expenditure and revenues to ensure that profit targets are met.
- Ensure that internal financial and risk reporting obligations are met.
- Working closely with the marketing team to meet business goals and objectives.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful Managing Director candidate will have various prerequisite skills and qualifications needed to perform duties effectively. These include:
- Proven record of success in a senior management role
- In-depth knowledge of the company’s industry and ability to identify and attract talented employees
- Extensive knowledge of financial and business management techniques
- Commercial awareness and deep understanding of the factors that influence the company’s business
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Proficiency in developing and implementing strategic and business plans
- Ability to perform in high-pressure situations