We pride ourselves on being the go-to digital agency for some of the UK's most iconic brands. We don’t only do typical agency stuff, we work on some very chunky projects including business transformation projects and large integrations to name a few.
We're a .Net agency, with a team of experts in CMS integrations, ecommerce builds, bespoke web application builds and consultancy services.
The thing that makes your position so important, is you take the lead development role in very chunky projects and provide guidance and support to all other projects.
- Ensure all solution designs are appropriately documented to ensure deliverables are clear and easily communicated to other teams.
- Ensure you and any developers you are leading are using task lists and tools so that progress and issues can be monitored at all times.
- Ensure that you have a good overall view of all projects within your team.
- Provide all appropriate support to team leads to ensure projects progress is efficient.
- All communication must be constructive, solution focussed and appropriate to the audience. We are one team – we work together!
- Ensure all of your own and the work of the teams that you lead is tested using appropriate tools and techniques. The approach and tools used should be discussed and agreed before a project begins.
- Ensure that code review schedules are set at the beginning of a project and carried out. The output from these reviews will then be discussed at the team leader weekly meetings.
- Ensure that project retrospectives are carried out after all development projects. This may be as part of the wider project team or with a specific focus on development.
- Where appropriate suggest, organise and assist with team social activities.
- Attend client meetings and present when required.
- Take morning huddles and report any issues to the development director as required.
We're looking for someone who has:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment.
- A solid understanding of modern .NET tooling, frameworks and techniques (C#, ASP.Net, .NET 4x, .Net Core, Entity Framework, etc)
- Experience of integrations with third party services such as payment systems, social networks, ecommerce systems, etc.
- CMS integration experience, preferably Umbraco, Sitecore or Episerver.
- Experience working with project management and other departments to ensure successful project delivery.
- A track record of mentoring and knowledge sharing within your team.
- Comfortable estimating your work and breaking down complex tasks.
- Experience of (or certification in) Microsoft Azure technologies.
- Some experience with HTML & CSS & JS.
- Some knowledge of DevOps skills (deployments, server maintenance, etc).
As much as this is a lead role, previous lead / management experience is not a necessity, but a willingness to take on the role is.
We are looking for:
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- A positive attitude
- A keen interest in all things digital
- Ability to mentor and lead
- A decisive thinker
- Strong organisational skills
- 25 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays
- Complimentary caffeine and fruity snacks
- Contributory pension
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- A commitment to ongoing training and development