We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT team and support the continued growth of the business across both the UK and North America. Based out of the company’s headquarters in Glasgow, the Infrastructure Engineer will contribute to the design and support of the wide array of systems comprising our technological infrastructure, and work with the Director of Technology to level up our IT Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of the infrastructure required to support organizational initiatives and daily operations
- Provide technical support
- Manage relationships with third party suppliers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Specific Infrastructure Governance responsibilities.
- Assist the IS Manager in establishing security best practices
- Collaborate with the DevOps engineers to increase efficiencies across the organization’s software development processes
The Infrastructure Engineer should be able to demonstrate:
- In-depth technical expertise and proven experience across virtualisation, storage, server and network technologies.
- The ability to provide support across Tiers 1-3 while also driving efforts to expand the organization’s Tier 0 capacity
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & problems solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills.
- Excellent communication skills including strong verbal and written skills & the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels.
- Elevated sense of ownership and the ability to self-organize
- The ability to work under pressure, manage their own workload, and work as part of a small team.
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to take on new challenges.
The Infrastructure Engineer should have at least partial experience with the majority of the following:
- Windows Infrastructure Services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Group policy, WSUS)
- VMware vSphere administration and configuration
- Linux administration and configuration
- Configuration and administration of switches, routers, firewalls
- Cloud technologies – Windows Azure, AWS
- Exchange | Office 365 administration and configuration
- Infrastructure Monitoring tools
- Backup, DR and High Availability tools, planning and implementation – Veeam, Snap Vault, Snap mirror, Clustering
- Working in a DevOps Environment
- SAN and storage devices