German Doner Kebab (GDK) is one of the fastest growing, most exciting fast casual chains of restaurants in the UK. With nearly 100 restaurants open across the UK, 9 in Sweden, 9 in the UAE and 4 in North America, the brand has established a strong base to grow from we there are aggressive plans for further restaurant growth in the US, UK & Europe in 2022 and beyond. GDK is leading the market with its unique kebabs featuring succulent and juicy meats, proprietary toasted breads and unique sauces, and has grown into a lifestyle brand through close partnerships in the music and sports scenes.
As we grow quickly and we have many initiatives and brand activations to excite our guests, we need a dynamic, entrepreneurial and driven Global Digital Marketing Manager to come and strengthen the marketing team in Glasgow. Your will drive and manage brand content on our soon-to-be released new global website and app; be the conduit between the marketing team and our digital/social agencies; act as the team’s finger on the pulse of what’s trending with our Gen Z target, and steer our efforts to convert our online guest experience into sales, via delivery services, takeaway or din-in. It is an exciting opportunity to come and boost your marketing career with a brand that is successful, but at the same time at the early stage of its brand life cycle where you can really impact the brand’s growth and be an integral, early part of it.
To lead, as an important member of the marketing team, in the creation, implementation, updating and uploading of relevant content onto the new global brand website and app. Being part of the marketing team you will be instrumental in driving brand awareness and consideration going forward complementing the brand’s aggressive restaurant development plans. Marketing will need to help to build sustainable profitable restaurant turnover growth ensuring franchisee sales, profits and return on investment objectives. Our new website and app will play a critical role in achieving this goal through relevant, on-trend content.
We’re looking for an experienced candidate with lots of drive, creativity, energy and excellent project management skills. You will be owning and managing the content of our new website and app, driving awareness and consideration for the brand, allowing for constant on-line recruitment and retention of our consumers. The website will hold state of the art brand experimental features for consumers to engage with the brand as well as feature other elements of the website like food ordering, brand information, guest care mgt, find your restaurant, franchise information etc. Going forward we want the website to play a more important role in our marketing mix becoming a state of the art brand house that our consumers would like to visit multiple times, leave data with while engaging with our brand and connecting with all the relevant brand partnerships and activations that connect the brand to popular culture.
It will be a new role, so we expect the candidate to fully own this space and develop the content for it to become and remain state of the art and a cut above vs our competitive set.
In your role you will have the following specific accountabilities and ownership to help drive the brand website objectives:
- Manage all the content on the website and app on an ongoing basis.
- Pro-active: scan and look for great content we should be going after pro-actively based on (technical) trends and competitor activation. This would also include any latest technology we should be incorporating (GDK wants its digital brand home to be industry-leading). You will be immersed on social media and aware of what’s trending so the brand can respond early and leverage what’s happening. You will also continuously review website and app performance in terms of converting visitors into guests/sales, and be a knowledgeable reviewer of our online paid activity’s effectiveness and cost efficiency (as such, you will be the key point of contact for our cooperations with the various aggregators as well).
- Re-active: follow the marketing calendar, making sure we have all the relevant content uploaded and available on the website within a short time frame of it being available. This means engaging with a suite of different stakeholders in the organisation to make this happen.
- Creative: have creative mindset for relevant content creation and /or have experience and ability to work with creatives to come up with the right concepts and execution to enhance the website
- Work in partnership with, and ideally guide, a range of agencies (Social/Digital/Creative, PR, Design, Influencer, Media Owners, Brand Activation) in order to ensure an efficient and cost effective implementation of our marketing and communications strategies and plans on the brand website.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a formal digital marketing role is a must. (Ideally on a global scale)
- Experience of Paid Search, SEO, Google Analytics & Social Media. This will require someone who is comfortable with, and ideally enjoys, digging into data and drawing nuggets of insights.
- Past e-commerce experience is a plus, as we are looking for someone who understands the consumer journey and continuously (and proactively) refines our online presence and digital initiatives to improve their ROI. With digital/social consuming virtually all of our media spend, sharpening this tool will have a tremendous impact on the entire brand.
This is a phenomenal opportunity. Apply now for an immediate interview