We are a Glasgow based marketing and digital agency who currently work with a large number of clients in the technology industry. We're currently looking for someone to join our growing business as an Experienced WordPress Developer. You will be working alongside our digital team which will consist of helping in UX/UI implementation, new client Website builds, CMS management (WordPress, WebFlow, Shopify, Umbraco), website design, visual strategy, client and industry research and general design work.
You will have the opportunity to learn on new tools as you go, expanding your experience and knowledge.
- You will be observant, have good attention to detail, and will be able to communicate with clarity and confidence when interacting with other designers, project managers and developers. You will be capable of implementing design specification and visual standards on different platforms.
- Performing in-depth research, uncovering opportunities and contributing to the generation of our development projects, including internal and client work.
- Idea generation, sketching, prototyping and presenting these ideas to management/stakeholders.
- Working with the design team to help develop websites either from scratch, out of the box packages or CMS builds.
- Participate in creating UX project deliverables (personas, user journeys, wireframes, app maps, prototypes).
- Build and maintain large-scale responsive (cross device/browser) websites and web-applications with pixel-perfect execution.
- Take full ownership of features and see them through from their inception to deployment to production environments.
- Various design work if requested, such as UX/UI wireframing, image editing and more.
- Minimum 3+ years of professional web development experience, including a strong background in WordPress and other CMS platforms.
- Minimum 2+ years working as a website designer.
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms, handling payment integration and management.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Bootstrap and SQL.
- Knowledge of new and emerging tools to use in your day to day as well as sharing with the team to help everyone achieve more.
- Comfortable taking direction from Project Managers, Senior Designer/Developers and other team members.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Bonus for experience with website hosting management, AngularJS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, Nginx and Apache configuration and management.
What We Offer:
- Free daily gym classes.
- Free daily Breakfast Club.
- Person Development/Growth – Qualifications.
- Flexible Working Champions.
- We have an unrivalled workplace culture.
Your day to day (100%):
- Website Development/Management (60%).
- Website Design/Wireframing (20%).
- Internal campaign meetings, conceptual idea generation (10%).
- Research and growth (10%).
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- You have an outstanding portfolio and can show it either physically or digitally.
- You have experience building websites optimized for a variety of devices
- You’re able to solve issues and propose alternative solutions to visual and functional challenges.