** Please note that this role can be 80% remote / 20% Edinburgh **
This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Scientist with experience in manipulating medium sized data sets and an interest in either diagnostics or Computer Vision to join a growing team working at the cutting edge of combining points of care testing with robust computer vision. The role will support both existing and new applications of the technology including configuring proprietary technology, acquiring data to support the configuration and validation processes and detailed analysis, optimisation and reporting of test outcomes. The team is growing to support continued business expansion.
This position would suit someone who has a particular attention to detail, a background in Data Science or statistics and who relishes working on multiple projects at once with a variety of customers globally to support generating evidence of performance and effectiveness of medical and scientific systems.
Within your role, your key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- You might have a background in computer science, statistics or laboratory-based science but you will have some formal training in data science and find gaining insight from data about new technology more exciting than developing the new technologies themselves.
- You will be just as happy designing a data collection study for someone else to execute as getting hands on to do it yourself.
- A key part of the roles will involve constructing and configuring ‘readers’ using proprietary imaging technology; full training will be provided – but you will already be confident with computing technology, happy learning new ideas and likely to be just as comfortable with a command prompt as a graphic user interface.
- You will help collect data that defines these readers and process data sets collected by yourself or others using both existing data analysis tool sets and new tools that you will help develop; you’ll be used to cleaning up dirty and like helping guide better data collection or automating clean up
- You will be used to juggling multiple projects, managing different stakeholders and giving realistic timelines that you hold yourself to account on.
- You’ll have a background where you are used to dealing with customer enquiries, helping to solve customer problems and helping others less specialist than you understand your work.
- You’ll be confident in report writing and presenting data you have evaluated and making recommendations for next steps with a focus on delivering working product and supporting documentation to customers and where appropriate their regulators.
- As you gain experience you will be involved in evaluating potential new projects against a set of established criteria that determine feasibility or complexity, or even helping clients reconfigure their products to be easier to use. Requiring some rudimentary understanding/appreciation of 3D geometry, lighting/illumination/optics, production tolerances and computer vision and how these interact when recording a 3D scene in 2D.
- You will not be phased by doing similar tasks on a repeat basis but will simplify and automate tasks where it is genuinely more efficient to do so. Yet will be equally happy when faced with new styles of data to analyse.
- A technology literate background (e.g. science degree, engineering degree, computer science or maths/statistics degrees are possible previous experience).
- You will have some formal training in Data Science.
- Prior experience of measuring/reporting diagnostic statistics such as Sensitivity, Specificity, Accuracy.
- Knowledge of optimising configurations to maximise system performance metrics.
- Experience dealing with customers: a previous customer facing role would be an advantage.
- Data science using Python/Pandas, (NumPy, SciPy knowledge and an advantage).
- Excellent communication both written and oral, with technical and non-technical audiences – likely to include data visualisation
- Ability to set realistic deadlines and stick to them
- Attention to detail, consistently producing quality
- Calm under pressure
- Cooperation, flexibility and willingness to work with others
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very reputable company. Please apply now for an immediate interview.