- Energetic and enthusiastic but with great focus?
- Resourceful and adaptable under pressure?
- A people person who believes in the importance of strong client relationships?
- Looking to work in professional services but without the traditional ‘corporate’ environment?
- Interested in working as part of a closely-knit team in a role that has a genuine impact on the business and allows you to contribute to overall strategy?
Yes? Then you could be the one for us!
We are Metis Partners and if you haven’t heard of us it’s no great surprise as we operate in the niche field of intellectual property (IP). We translate our passion for IP into our clients’ commercial success through identifying and providing advice on IP and valuing and selling IP assets for a diverse range of clients, many of whom you most certainly will have heard of
Operating in the dynamic and niche field of IP means we regularly interact with IP-rich companies of all sizes. We learn first-hand about how these companies operate and identify the intangible assets underpinning the business - we sometimes even come across the next tech giant!
We are looking for a Manager to lead our Corporate Recovery & Restructuring team based at our Glasgow office.
You will play the crucial role of assisting insolvency practitioners to restructure a failing business or to get the best return for creditors, through the valuation and sale of IP assets. You must have the drive to become a trusted advisor within this highly specialised field and must be able to adapt and lead your team to deliver both IP sales and valuation assignments.
- Managing client engagements, including managing staff to deliver assignments, typically within pressurised timeframes
- Being the primary Metis contact for both clients and professional advisors; liaising with them to determine scope, delivery, timetable and fees for assignments
- Preparing and/or reviewing client proposals, valuation reports and IP sales documentation
- Corresponding, liaising and negotiating with potential buyers of IP and their professional advisors
- Actively contributing to business development activities including attending both Metis & external events and delivering IP training to the professional services community throughout the UK. On average this may involve UK travel of 2-3 days per month
- Managing our Business Analysts:
- Briefing them on client assignments and targets
- Reviewing their corporate research, which supports our IP valuations and IP sales
- Conducting staff appraisals and participating in both staff recruitment and training
- Participating in Metis-wide management decisions and strategy creation & execution
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Commercial awareness and professional discretion – assignments can be commercially sensitive and/or confidential
- Attention to detail with a recognition for the rigor required to deliver professional services
- Resilience and ability to work within a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
- Solution-focused and resourceful, with a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Track record of managing and leading a team to achieve business goals
- Experience of negotiation in a commercial context
- Experience of working within professional services or equivalent
- Good banter!
- Knowledge of UK insolvency procedures and/or IP
- Interest in IP, technology, business and/or insolvency
- Desire to support and engage in business development activities in the marketplace
- Proven ability to think strategically and think outside the box
We are an employee-focused company – our CEO won the 2018 Innovation in the Workplace IOD Award and we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- A flexible environment to facilitate a good work-life balance
- Casual dress code
- Private healthcare
- Excellent training opportunities including IP Foundation Course and a mentoring programme
- Great location in the Park area of Glasgow – a hop, skip and a jump from both the City Centre and the trendy Finnieston district.
This is a fantastic opportunity. Please apply now for an immediate interview