- Professional and commercially savvy with a good sense of fun
- Energetic and enthusiastic but with great focus and a desire to make a difference?
- Proactive, bold, ambitious and results focused?
- A people person who believes in the importance of strong client relationships?
- Looking to work in professional services but without the traditional ‘corporate’ environment?
- Interested in working as part of a close-knit team in a role that has a genuine impact on the business and allows you to contribute to overall strategy?
YES? THEN YOU COULD BE THE ONE FOR US!
We are Metis Partners and if you haven’t heard of us it’s no great surprise as we operate in the niche field of intellectual property valuation (IP). We translate our passion for IP into our clients’ commercial success through identifying and providing advice on IP and valuing and selling IP assets for a diverse range of clients, many of whom you most certainly will have heard of!
Operating in the dynamic and niche field of IP means we regularly interact with IP-rich companies of all sizes. We learn first-hand about how these companies operate and the intangible assets underpinning the business - we sometimes even come across the next tech giant!
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to extend our professional reach and support our business expansion based at our Glasgow office.
You will play the crucial role of a liaison between the Metis management team and external stakeholders and clients. You must have the drive to become fully versed in our IP services and the confidence to promote what we do via phone, content-led emails, meetings, and events. The role will involve daily contact with accountants, lawyers, insolvency practitioners, M&A professionals and corporates, some of whom we count as old friends and others we hope will become so.
- Fostering lasting relationships with influencers & decision makers, particularly in professional services.
- Educating the business community re IP and its relative importance and the benefits working with Metis can provide to them.
- Developing cold and warm leads; matching potential client needs with our IP services and making the necessary introductions to our Senior Managers to secure client engagement .
- Coordinating maintenance of client information on our CRM system.
- Working with our marketing team and actively contributing to marketing activities.
- Attending relevant internal and industry events – on average this may involve UK travel of 2-3 days per month.
- Delivering our business development matrix; our approach designed to maximise engagement with target contacts in order to increase total turnover.
- Delivering IP education training seminars.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Track record in B2B business development ideally with at least 2 years of experience.
- Commitment to learn about IP and the services we offer and the confidence to be able to promote these services to corporates and professional advisors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships.
- Excellent written skills and a professional telephone manner.
- A results-oriented self-starter with a “can-do” attitude and the drive to take responsibility for achieving targets.
- Commercial awareness and professional discretion – assignments can be commercially sensitive and/or confidential.
- Working flexibility regarding event attendance and travel within the UK.
- Good banter!
- Experience of business development within professional services (B2B) and selling to intermediaries.
- For this role, a deep interest in IP and technology would be advantageous. A genuine excitement would be even better!
- Ability to listen well, influence & persuade.
- Proven ability to think strategically and think outside the box.
We are an employee-focused company – our CEO won the 2018 Innovation in the Workplace IOD Award and we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- A flexible environment to facilitate a good work-life balance.
- Casual dress code.
- Private healthcare.
- Excellent training opportunities including IP Foundation Course and a mentoring programme.
- Great location in the Park area of Glasgow – a hop, skip and a jump from both the City Centre and the trendy Finnieston district.
Please apply now for an immediate interview.