Android / Java Developer
Technology company PDMS is delighted to announce the award of a substantial Scottish Enterprise grant which will allow them to undertake an extensive upgrade to their Compass ferry ticketing and reservation platform. The new platform will be based on industry standard technology and will add significant new features including: multi-lingual interface, API interfaces to support timetable enquires, online booking and reservations and a much richer user interface.
Due to this, they are looking to add some new talent to their development team including a highly experienced Android / Java Developer with the following experience:
- BSc or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience in Android Development using Java
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with source control systems, specifically Git
- Experience with RESTful JSON feed consumption
- Experience with push notification integration and deep linking
- Experience with the latest development paradigms regarding performance, security and coding best practices
- Familiarity with excellent coding practices, Functional Programming, SOLID Design Principles
What do we offer?
- We offer competitive salaries, flexible benefits and a collaborative working environment.
- Our team is split between the Isle of Man and Glasgow, and this role can be based at either location.
- Although the role is initially in the Transport and Ticketing Division, movement between this and our other development teams is a possibility.
Fantastic opportunity. Please apply now for an immediate interview