Statement of Job Purpose
As a Technical Consultant, you will be part of a small team responsible for the day to day administration and development of cloud platforms and internal systems, covering both hardware and software. This is a very challenging role which will give the successful candidate exposure to a mixture of BAU and project work engaging with all levels of our business and will include 3rd line incident/problem/change management, customer logged issues, release management and working with the Head of IT Infrastructure on capacity planning. You will have strong experience in supporting and managing datacentre solutions (networks, servers, storage and applications).
This role ideally suited to a candidate looking to take the next step in their career. A willingness to learn and push your current boundaries is critical!
Experience in some of the following technologies would be a distinct advantage:
- VMWare (inc. SRM and vSphere Replication)
- Cisco Networking (incl. Switching, Routing & Security)
- Windows Server 2016/2019
- Active Directory
- Knowledge of automation and scripting languages
- NetApp Storage
- Knowledge of backup technologies (Veeam, Rubrik, Cohesity)
- SolarWinds Monitoring (NPM, SAM, NCM, VMAN)
- Juniper Networking
- F5 Big IP Load Balancers
- FortiGate Firewalls
- Mitel communications
- Office 365 configuration and deployment
- TrendMicro deep security
Main Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Installation, configuration, and on-going day to day management of the internal IT systems, including server, storage, network, voice, and security infrastructure
- Development and on-going day to day management of the cloud platforms
- Resolution of escalated incidents and service requests within SLA
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the availability and integrity of all servers, systems and key processes
- Ensure all components are regularly patched and maintained and work reliably to meet the needs of the organisation, working within the ITIL framework to ensure the continued improvement of services to ensure agreed SLA’s are adhered to.
- Ensure any tested and approved changes or enhancements are implemented effectively without risk to business operations.
- Perform fault analysis on systems issues and implementing long-term solutions that avoid quick fixes.
- Produce and maintain detailed documentation of regular procedures and processes for 1st 2nd line support teams
- Staying up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate to continue to drive improved methodologies into the organization
- Assisting with the implementation of policy and strategy for Information Technology and computer systems as directed by the Head of IT Infrastructure to ensure that staff and computer systems comply with legislative and organisational requirements.
- Assist in developing the disaster recovery procedures to minimise the risk and impact of a serious disaster and threats to continuity (including management of the appropriate back up regime and virus protection).
- Provide customer business, technical, and product knowledge in support of post sales activities to ensure customer satisfaction, ensuring that all relevant technical documentation is continually maintained.
- Ensure best value is achieved with all hardware and software purchases.
- Maintain an inventory of all hardware and software licences
- Occasional unsocial hours in response to alerts or planned changes
- Being available on-call within a defined rota in response to incidents
- Life Assurance (4 X final salary)
- Private health Cover (requires pension scheme membership)
- Critical Illness cover (1 x salary)
- Pension Scheme 5% contribution payable by Employee and 5% contribution by Employer